Staying in Maimi could
be expensive however there are few travel hacks we used on a recent stay that made the experience both enjoyable and affordable. I am going to offer some suggestions that worked very well for us this weekend.
The first thing we needed for our stay in Miami was a hotel. We booked our hotel two ways one was thru Priceline because they had the best deal at the time and the second was thru reward points on the Hyatt Credit Card. The current offer for Hyatt credit card is $3,000 spent in 3 months earns you $40,000 points that 2 nights free at this time. You can earn an additional $20,000 points if you spend $6,000 total in 6 months. The time I booked the hotel per night charge was 15,000 points so that is 4 nights free.
The hotel we stayed at was The Confidante. The hotel has 2 pools one for kids and one adults only. The adults would steal the kids floats because we are bigger. a rooftop gym
and plenty of happy employees to make your stay memorable. The hotel is located next to the boardwalk and has a great sandy beach.
Suggestions for Stay at The Confidante
- Don’t bring your car or rent a car during your stay, At $44 per night for parking it’s better to Uber or Lyft here are some promo codes. My uber code $ 5 OFF is yaroslavg10ue My Lyft code $5 OFF 4 rides is GOLUBEV85016.
- If you do need a car to consider getting a car rental for just 1 day. Pick it up in the morning and drop off the car in the evening probably the airport would have the best options.
- Check out the hotel Bird & Bone restaurant at the hotel validates parking $10 off the $25 daily parking fee.
- The hotel has a great happy hour for drinks 4-6pm half priced and the Poke bowl is $8.
- Bring a refillable water bottle plenty of water stations around the hotel, front desk area, gym, pool bar and more. I suggest Bubba Mugs because they have a lifetime warranty and your drink stays cold for 12 hours.
Not only is this sustainable behavior easy to follow through with and very inexpensive, it provides significant environmental benefits.
- Snorkeling, If you here on vacation and the water is flat and clear a good snorkeling option is the available walking distance from the hotel if you have your mask. The rocks on the beach located between 29th street and 32nd street provided a great opportunity to see lots of tropical fish. The only catch is it needs to be High Tide during low tide the rocks are exposed and the fish swim away to the real reef.
Be respectful of the sea life don’t touch the rocks or the sea life.
- Bike Rentals, The hotel offers complimentary bikes however they are the first to come basis and only 4 bikes are available. The Citi bike station is located through Miami and a good option.
- The hotel is pet-friendly and there is a dog park walking distance from the hotel. The parks name is Pinetree Park. The park also has a kayak lunch site if you happen to have a kayak with you.
Here a few links to checkout
Restaurant walking distance